TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: March 15th, 2022
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Our Service.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- Company (referred to as either "the Nifty League", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Nifty League Inc.
- You (also referred to as "User") refers to the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
- Terms and Conditions (also referred to as "Terms") mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the Service.
- Site refers to the Nifty League, accessible from https://www.nifty-league.com and all subdomains as well as any other media form, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto.
- Online Games refer to any games accessible from https://www.nifty-league.com/games while interacting with our Smart Contracts.
- Smart Contracts mean digital contracts used with our Service on the Ethereum Blockchain, Arbitrum (or any other applicable network) which are immutable to any alteration.
- Application (also referred to as "App") collectively refers to the Smart Contracts, Site, and any Online Games offered by the Nifty League.
- Service refers to the App.
- NFT-Token means a digital good on the Ethereum Blockchain (or any other applicable network) which represents ownership of a certain piece of artwork such as our DEGEN NFTs or other assets offered by the Nifty League.
- Goods refer to the items and NFT-Tokens offered for sale on the Application.
- Orders means a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You, whether personally or on behalf of an entity, and the Company. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of our Application.
The Nifty League is a distributed application that is currently running on the Ethereum Network, using specially-developed Smart Contracts to enable users to own, transfer, compete, and purchase genetically-unique digital characters. It also intends to enable users to own and transfer other digital assets like plots of land or items. These assets can then be visualized on our Site and be used to interact with our Application or Online Games.
In addition, each DEGEN NFT-Token accumulates a utility and governance token (“NFTL”). The NFTL token cannot be purchased, but it can be freely accumulated by holding the DEGEN NFT-Token along with contributing to the community. The Company does not provide or intend to provide a secondary market place for our NFT-Tokens or NFTL. NFTL does not constitute any ownership of the Company nor do we guarantee any value to the NFTL token in and of itself outside of the Nifty DAO, nor do we guarantee NFTL will be used for any platform-wide expenses outside of renaming characters. After the sale of an NFT-Token to You, the ownership of the NFT-Token, and to the connected Art, is transferred from the Smart Contract to the purchaser and concludes the business transaction between both parties.
Transactions on the App are managed and confirmed via the Ethereum blockchain and other networks such as Arbitrum. We neither own nor control MetaMask, Google Chrome, the Ethereum network, Arbitrum, or any other third-party site, product, or service that You might access, visit, or use for the purpose of enabling You to use the various features of the App. We will not be liable for the acts or omissions of any such third parties, nor will we be liable for any damage that You may suffer as a result of Your transactions or any other interaction with any such third parties.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. People under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts.
Intellectual Property Rights
Provided that You are eligible to use the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts, You are granted a limited license to access and use the Site or to download or print a copy of any portion of the Content to which You have properly gained access solely to Your personal, non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to You in and to the Site, the App, the Content, and the Marks.
When a User purchases a Good or platform asset, the User owns the underlying NFT-Token completely for as long as the User owns the NFT-Token. Ownership of the NFT-Token is mediated entirely by the smart contract and Ethereum Network (or any other applicable network): at no point may Nifty League seize, freeze, or otherwise modify the ownership of the Good.
Subject to Your continued compliance with these Terms, The Company grants You a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, and display the purchased Art, along with any extensions that You choose to create or use, solely for the following purposes: (i) for Your own personal, non-commercial use; (ii) as part of a marketplace that permits the purchase and sale of Your Nifty League NFT-Tokens, provided that the marketplace cryptographically verifies each NFT-Token owner's rights to display the Art for their NFT-Token to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art; or (iii) as part of a third party website or application that permits the inclusion, involvement, or participation of Your NFT-Token, provided that the website/application cryptographically verifies each NFT-Token owner's rights to display the Art for their NFT-Token to ensure that only the actual owner can display the Art.
By using the Site and in conjunction with creating, submitting, posting, promoting, or displaying content, You grant us a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable, royalty-free license to use, copy, modify, and display any content, including but not limited to text, materials, images, files, communications, comments, feedback, suggestions, ideas, concepts, questions, data, or otherwise, that you submit or post on or through the Site or the App (collectively, “User Contributions”) for our current and future business purposes, including to provide, promote, and improve the Site and the App. This includes any digital file, art, or other material linked to or associated with any NFTs or other crypto assets that are displayed on the Site or the App.
Provided that You own an ERC721 NFT-Token asset, You are granted a limited license to create fan-art and merchandise which can be used commercially given that You follow the terms set herein:
- Anyone creating fan-art of a NFT-Token needs to either own the NFT-Token they are creating fan-art from or receive permission from that NFT-Token's owner.
- Fan artwork must not use official Nifty League assets, but creating unique art using Nifty League NFT-Token assets as inspiration is acceptable.
- The artwork must clearly state "Nifty League Fanart", link to https://www.niftyleague.com, and link directly to the NFT-Token that is being used for inspiration.
- A Nifty League NFT-Token can be used to generate a maximum of $10,000 in revenue before a separate official license agreement is required to be discussed, agreed to and signed by both parties. The revenue can come from either fan-art (tokenized or physical) or merchandise (t-shirts, mugs, hoodies, etc).
Creating original fan-art without monetizing it or for the sake of charity is acceptable without any license or ownership.
Furthermore, we will not place any restrictions on using our assets or NFT-Token art for the creation of games generated for the Nifty League by community developers. Upon receipt of payment for Your development efforts You agree to transfer ownership and commercial rights of the game to our Company.
(iv) You will not use the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts for any illegal and unauthorized purpose; and (v) Your use of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts will not violate any applicable law or regulation. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site, the App, and the Smart Contracts (or any portion thereof).
(vi) You have not been included in any trade embargoes or economic sanctions list (such as United Nations Security Council Sanctions List), the list of specially designated nationals maintained by OFAC (the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the U.S. Department of the Treasury), or the denied persons or entity list of the U.S. Department of Commerce. Nifty League reserves the right to choose markets and jurisdictions to conduct business, and may restrict or refuse, in its sole discretion, the provision of our Services in certain countries or regions.
Placing Orders for Goods
By placing an Order for Goods through the Service, You warrant that You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
If You wish to place an Order for Goods available on the Service, You will not be asked to provide any information. The transaction occurs between You and the Smart Contract.
You represent and warrant that: (i) You have the legal right to use the payment method in connection with any Order; and that (ii) You are not residing in a country excluded by the Disclaimer.
We, bound by the Smart Contract, reserve the right to refuse or cancel Your Order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to:
- Goods availability
- Errors in Your Order
- Technical problems
Your Order Cancellation Rights
As transactions with a Smart Contract are digital and final goods (for example NFT-tokens) cannot be returned and therefore there is no Returns Policy.
By interacting with the Smart Contract You agree that any sale is final and You do not have any right or possibility to cancel an Order.
The Company reserves the right to revise its prices or generate new Smart Contracts at any time. The prices quoted are specified by the respective Smart Contract.
- All Goods purchased are subject to a one-time payment. A payment can be made through the Ethereum Blockchain only. We have no control over these payments or transactions, nor do we have the ability to reverse any transactions. With that in mind, the company will have no liability to You or to any third party for any claims or damages that may arise as a result of any transactions that You engage in via the App, or using the Smart Contracts, or any other transactions that You conduct via the Ethereum network.
- Ethereum requires the payment of a transaction fee (a "Gas Fee") for every transaction that occurs on the Ethereum network. The Gas Fee funds the network of computers that run the decentralized Ethereum network. This means that You will need to pay a Gas Fee for each transaction that occurs via the App. The Gas Fee does not go to us and We have no control over its pricing.
- All paid prices exclude any possible duties or charges. You will be solely responsible to pay any and all sales, use, value-added and other taxes, duties, and assessments (except taxes on our net income) now or hereafter claimed or imposed by any governmental authority (collectively, "Taxes") associated with Your use of the App (including, without limitation, any Taxes that may become payable as the result of Your ownership of a Nifty League NFT-Token or NFTL. Except for income and net-wealth taxes levied on The Company, You: (i) will pay or reimburse us for all national, federal, state, local or other taxes and assessments of any jurisdiction, including value added taxes and taxes as required by international tax treaties, customs or other import or export taxes, and amounts levied in lieu thereof based on charges set, services performed or payments made hereunder, as are now or hereafter may be imposed under the authority of any national, state, local or any other taxing jurisdiction; and (ii) shall not be entitled to deduct the amount of any such taxes, duties or assessments from payments made to us pursuant to these Terms.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by the Company including all articles, photograph, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third-parties.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that You visit.
These Terms remain in full force and effect while You use the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts. We may terminate or suspend Your access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms and Conditions.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately. However, interactions between You and the public Smart Contract will be outside our control. In addition to terminating and suspending Your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, the entire liability of the Company and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Terms and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall the Company or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of these Terms), even if the Company or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
Assumption of Risk
You accept and acknowledge each of the following:
- The prices of blockchain assets are extremely volatile. Fluctuations in the price of other digital assets could materially and adversely affect the value of Your NFT-Tokens, which may also be subject to significant price volatility. We cannot guarantee that any purchasers of NFT-Token will not lose money.
- You are solely responsible for determining what, if any, taxes apply to Your NFT-Token-related transactions. The Nifty League is not responsible for determining the taxes that apply to Your transactions on the App, the Site, or the Smart Contracts.
- There are risks associated with using an Internet-based currency, including, but not limited to, the risk of hardware, software and Internet connection malfunctions, the risk of malicious software introduction, and the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information stored within Your wallet. You accept and acknowledge that Nifty League will not be responsible for any communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays You may encounter while using the Ethereum network, however caused.
- A lack of use or public interest in the creation and development of distributed ecosystems could negatively impact the development of the Nifty League's platform, and therefore the potential utility and/or value of Nifty League NFT-Tokens.
- The regulatory regime governing blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and tokens is currently uncertain, and new regulations and/or policies may materially adversely affect the development of the Nifty League, and therefore the potential utility and/or value of Nifty League NFT-Tokens.
- Upgrades to our platform or the Ethereum Network may have unintended, adverse effects on all Nifty League assets.
- Bad actors may hack or exploit systems and steal NFTs.
- Legislation or regulation could be adopted that negatively impact the use, transfer, exchange or price of NFTs.
- NFTs compete with other digital assets, and this competition may negatively impact the price of an NFT.
- The market for NFTs is new and volatile, and the price of an NFT relative to fiat currencies may greatly decrease over a short period of time, impacting the liquidity and the price of the NFT.
- Bad actors may attempt to impersonate owners of NFTs, counterfeit NFTs, sell replicas of original NFTs or misuse art tied to NFTs.
- Businesses or organizations that issue NFTs may go out of business, declare bankruptcy or cease operations, thereby decreasing the use or value of its NFTs.
Nifty League reserves the right to prevent the withdrawal of NFTL if abuse is detected. Cheating and 'boosting' are strictly prohibited. Agreeing with other players to rank experience and earn NFTL faster than can be done through normal gameplay, often referred to as 'boosting', is strictly prohibited. Use of third-party programs, for example, cheat or bot engines, and applications in conjunction with our app is strictly prohibited.
Our Disclaimer includes important statements intended to specify or delimit the scope of rights and obligations that may be exercised or enforced, and is hereby incorporated by this reference into these Terms. You agree to the warnings and expectations outlined in our Disclaimer.
The laws of the United States, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern these Terms and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Application may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If a Party is unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Disputes (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WITHOUT THIS PROVISION, YOU WOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A JURY TRIAL. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") and, where appropriate, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and Your share of arbitration compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive, we will supplement the arbitration fees and expenses. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in the United States. Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgement on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If for any reason, a Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in the United States, and the Parties hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non-conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site, the App and the Smart Contracts be commenced more than one (1) year after the cause of the action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed or jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
Exceptions to the Informal Negotiations and Arbitration
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provision concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Dispute seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, and of the intellectual property rights of a Party, (b) any Dispute related to, or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief. If this provision is found to be illegal and unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed or jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, You will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which You are resident in.
United States Legal Compliance
You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to the United States government embargo, or that has been designated by the United States government as a "terrorist supporting" country, and (ii) You are not listed on any United States government list of prohibited or restricted parties. Please read our Disclaimer for more details.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be amended and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under these Terms shall not affect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
These Terms and Conditions may have been translated if We have made them available to You on our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the Application.